Rulex Platform Conflict Issue on Shared Workstation

Elisa M.

Hello everyone,

I'm reaching out to the community seeking assistance with a problem we are encountering with Rulex installation on our laboratory workstation. Both I and a fellow PhD colleague, have valid licenses for the platform.

The issue arose when we installed the software on my Windows account. Apparently, a conflict has occurred, preventing my collegue from using the platform on her account. We have attempted various solutions with the assistance of the university's IT technician.

Initially, we tried uninstalling and reinstalling the platform, checking the option to install for all users on the computer. However, this resulted in an error. Subsequently, we tried installing first for one user and then the other, but the software failed to launch for the second user.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem, and could you recommend a solution? Could it be related to the limitations of our licenses?

Thank you!

Elisa

Edited by Elisa M.

Hi Elisa, 

so you are working on the same computer? 

The issue may be related to the fact that during the installation one of you selected the option "Anyone who uses this computer" 
image.png
You have a Personal licence the grants 1 maximum parallel section and if you are using the same license this may cause the issue. 

Please, try both to uninstall Platform deleting all the file related to it:

• C:\Program Files → Delete "Rulex Platform"
  • C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local → Delete “rulex-updater”
  • C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Local\Programs → Delete “Rulex Platform”
  • C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming → Delete “rulex”

(Since AppData is a hidden item, if you are not able to see it, you need to click on View → Show → Hidden Item)

If you have doubts on how to proceed on the installation, follow these steps: Rulex Platform desktop installation - Setting Up Rulex Platform on your Desktop | Rise 360 (articulate.com)

After you both installed Rulex (Only for me option) check that you are using 2 different licences:

• Open Registry Editor
  • Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Rulex\platform 
  • Check the value "ProductKey"

Let me know if you have any other doubts or issues 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, thank you for your kind response.

Yes, my colleague and I are using the same computer.

We followed your advices by uninstalling the platform and reinstalling it separately for each of us with the "only for me" option. Now, when launching the software, the attached error message appears: "Connection to Rulex license manager failed: found a cached license valid for 1 day and for 100 login attempts. You have 99 attempts left."

Additionally, upon checking the product keys for both of us, they do not correspond to the licenses assigned to our accounts, and they are different between me and my colleague. However, our usernames appear correctly in the top right corner.

Finally, by ignoring the error message and clicking on "Confirm" the platform seems to work correctly.

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,

Elisa

image.png

Hi Elisa, 

glad that you are now able to work with the Platform! 

Anyway, I did not completely get this part:
"Additionally, upon checking the product keys for both of us, they do not correspond to the licenses assigned to our accounts, and they are different between me and my colleague. However, our usernames appear correctly in the top right corner"
At this point do you see 3 different product keys? (Yours, your colleague one, and the one in the place indicated by me)

If you want, you can send me a private message in the community chat with some screen of what you see and where (not there just because these are private information twhich should not be shared publicly)